My Security Shield is yet another rogue anti-spyware that has been spreading around the web in the past week. Although it might look like a legitimate anti-spyware, My Security Shield is in fact a virus, and you should try to remove it as soon as you notice its presence on your computer.

The My Security Shield virus gets on your computer if you fall a fake “your computer is infected” message shown by fake online virus scanners. Once the My Security Shield virus gets on your computer, it will be programmed to start automatically each time your Windows loads. Once My Security Shield is up and running, it will start scanning your computer for viruses. Please note that the results are fake (in fact, the files it detects as infections were created by the same Trojan that installed the My Security Shield rogue on your computer) and the only thing you need to do is remove the My Security Shield virus using our removal guide below.

How to uninstall / remove My Security Shield (Virus Removal Guide)

How to uninstall / remove My Security Shield (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove the My Security Shield virus

The My Security Shield virus might block your Internet connection. If that is the case, you will need to download the tools we are going to use for removing My Security Shield on a non-infected computer and then transfer them to the infected computer’s desktop using an USB drive or a CD/DVD.

The files we are going to need are:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware – MBAM will scan your computer for any viruses and remove them

iExplore.exe – A great tool developed by Lawrence Abrams. It will stop the My Security Shield process (close it for good), so we can remove it.

Hosts Permission Fixer – The My Security Shield virus will make changes to your hosts file (that’s why you can’t use the Internet). This file makes sure you have the permission to restore the default HOSTS file for your windows version.

SuperAntiSpyware – This will be our secondary anti-spyware solution, just in case MBAM doesn’t work for you.

You don’t need all the hosts files, just the one for your Windows version:

Windows XP Default HOSTS file

Windows Vista Default HOSTS file

Windows 7 Hosts File – These are the default HOSTS files (the HOSTS file as they were when you first installed your Windows OS).

Remember to place all these files on the infected computer’s desktop.

Step 1. Run iExplore a bunch of times (even simultaneously) until the My Security Shield process is killed (meaning My Security Shield is no longer running). Don’t give up if it doesn’t work at first, it will eventually get the job done, even if it takes some while (just keep double clicking on it ).

Step 2. Now that the My Security Shield virus is gone for the moment, we need to remove it for good. For this, we will use the free edition of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. Run the setup and proceed with the default install settings, but remember to tell MBAM to automatically update itself). Once MBAM is up and running, go to the scanner tab, select “Perform full scan” and wait for MBAM to scan your computer for any traces of My Security Shield, as well as any other malware your computer might have.

Step 3. When the scan is done, select all the detected infections, and click the remove button. When this process is complete, you should have removed the My Security Shield virus, as well as the associated files.

Step 4. This is something I recommend in every virus removal guide. But use CCleaner to remove any temporary files (here is a tutorial on how to do that).

Step 5. Although the My Security Shield virus should be gone, this infection messes up your Windows Hosts file (this is why you probably cannot connect to the Internet). First we need to grant you back permission to change the HOSTS file. To do this, just run the Hosts Permission Fixer.

Step 6. Now place the HOSTS file corresponding to your Windows version in C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc. Just delete the existing HOSTS file and then place the default one (it should be on your desktop) in the same folder.

There you go. If everything went the way it was supposed to, you have successfully removed My Security Shield from your computer (as well as any other malware).

Source :-free pc guides.com